Hi, my name is Derek and I am a web designer . That means I’m comfortable poking around in Photoshop or Illustrator as well as coding up responsive sites in HTML5, CSS3, or even PHP with a dash of JS or jQuery as needed. My CMS of choice is WordPress although I have used Perch and Sitemason which are both excellent systems as well.
I’ve been creating websites since college, but it wasn’t until a few years ago that I decided to make web design a career. In a few months I’ll be starting my 4th year of running my own business called Tin Cans & String where I do everything from project management, to billing, to watering the plant in my office. Before that I worked as a computer technician for Murfreesboro City Schools where I did everything from helping teachers use new technology to taking apart a laptop to replace the motherboard.
Here are a few of my favorite projects. All of the designs I create are responsive making them viewable across multiple screen sizes.
- Annessa RD – Annessa is a spokesperson for Alberton’s grocery. I was given a logo and branding guide and took care of the rest. This site is built on WordPress using several custom post types and extremely customized layouts.
- Atema Partners – Atema is a world wide audio visual company dealing primarily with pharmaceutical clients. They hired me to redesign their site to reflect the cutting edge of their company. They had a logo and that was it. I created the design and set them up on WordPress allowing them to easily update their site in the future.
- Stewart Richey – SR is a large construction company that provides a number of services. I partnered with a design agency who created their logo and a home layout, I took their design, finished it and developed it on Sitemason’s CMS.
- Consolidated Utility District of Rutherford County – CUDRC desperatly needed a new site that anyone from their company could update. I created a design based on their current logo and developed everything in WordPress.
Here are some more examples of my work.
- First Advantage Bank Blog *
- Tennessee Oncology *
- Icon Pediatrics *
- Michael Loftis
- ReadyPoint *
- First Call EMT Inc. *
- Rachel Long Photography
- Mental Health Cooperative *
- DJ Farris
- eDoc4U *
- Cosmetic Surgery and Skin Center *
- Dickson Medical Associates *
- Outpatient Imaging Affiliates *
* I partner with a healthcare design agency from time to time. They design, I code.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss my role on any of these projects, let’s talk!